While I live and breathe fashion, clothes, art and all things weddings, I think my greatest love in life may be skincare. Trying and discovering new products, learning about their ingredients and the science behind them, and sharing tips and recommendations with colleagues and friends is a favourite pastime, maybe even an obsession. I get countless messages via email and social media about what products I use and what I may recommend for various skin concerns, and nothing delights me more than discussing in detail lotions, potions and mists. Below you'll find my favourite products of 2017, and the things that have gotten me through the winter thus far.
I hope you'll all share your favourite skin products in the comments or by email - I always love testing new things and look forward to hearing if you've tried (and liked!) any of the below, or if you have any winter skin savers of your own!
1) Drunk Elephant B-Hydra Intensive Hydration Gel: The perfect under-makeup moisturizer, as far as I'm concerned. Doesn't pill under foundation, won't clog pores (which is great for problem skin) and feels lightweight while still being super hydrating.
2) When Travelmate Sheet Mask: Though this mask is designed specifically with tired, post-plane skin in mind, I love it for days when the moisture feels totally zapped from my body. I keep a few of these in the fridge (along with my Radford Masks) for mornings when I wake up puffy-faced after forgetting to turn on my humidifier.
3) First Aid Beauty Hello FAB Coconut Skin Smoothie Priming Moisturizer: A recent obsession, this product smells incredible and gives the most amazing glow. On weekends, I like to wear this alone with Tata Harper's Illuminating Moisturizer under my eyes for a luminous bare face. When I do wear makeup, I like to layer Drunk Elephant's aforementioned Hydration Gel underneath this before applying foundation.
4) SkinCeuticals Hydrating B5 Masque: SkinCeuticals makes only flawless products, as far as I'm concerned. With this mask's mix of hyaluronic acid and vitamin B5, I use it once a week and my skin always feels plump and smooth afterward.
In addition to skincare, I'm becoming something of a denim devotee in 2017, as well. I was never much of a jeans girl before, but this year I've been experimenting and discovering new brands outside of my usual go-to Citizens of Humanity Avedons. Fidelity Denim styles feel goo-ood and the brand is definitely a contender for my new favourite fit.
5) Aveeno Creamy Moisturizing Oil: Between the sweet (but not TOO sweet) almond smell, the part-liquid, part-lotion consistency, and the quick absorption rate, this is my favourite body lotion ever. On the coldest days, I sometimes double up with Kiehl's Creme de Corps, too.
6) Aveda Tulasara Wedding Masque Eye Overnight: I received this as a press sample at work, and it has worked wonders on my dehydrated under-eyes.
7) Ren Evercalm Gentle Cleansing Milk: With so many samples coming my way on a regular basis, there aren't many products I'm loyal to, but Ren's Cleansing Milk (which has more of a thick, non-foaming cream consistency than a milk, in truth) is always on my product shelf.
8) Ren Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal Mask: This is a new addition into my rotation, but after using it for ten minutes a few times a week, I immediately notice that my skin is brighter and my fine lines are less visible immediately following. Beware: The sour scent is off-putting to some, but I promise the glowing results are worth it!
9) Caudalie Vinoperfect Radiance Serum: There are very few products that I stock up on so that I'm never without them, but this is one of them. Not many people know that I suffered from terrible adult acne a few years ago, but with the help of a great dermatologist, some in-office procedures, and at-home care, I haven't experienced it since. This serum has been instrumental in removing any remaining scarring and pigmentation, and brightens my skin like nothing I have ever tried - my skincare routine does not feel complete without it. Have I raved enough yet? In all seriousness, this is my holy grail skincare product.